Access to property

Do you have a question about access to your property?

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to see if we have the answer. If you can't find the answer, get in touch.

My neighbour is refusing to allow access to carry out repairs and maintenance. What do I do?

As detailed in your Deed of Conditions, reasonable access must be provided. Failure to do so could result in legal action being taken by any homeowner.

Who has access to my property?

There will be times when someone needs access to your property or garden, for example to repair or investigate a shared burst pipe between two flats. Unless it is an emergency, we will arrange any access arrangements with you beforehand.

The typical types of people who may need access are:

  • Our staff
  • staff from your local authority
  • water, gas and electricity suppliers
  • cable TV companies
  • telephone companies
  • authorised contractors
  • window cleaners.