Wheatley Group data protection statement
Wheatley Group is committed to protecting your privacy. Wheatley Group is made up of Glasgow Housing Association, Dundein Canmore, Cube Housing Association, Barony Housing Association, YourPlace, Lowther Homes, West Lothian Housing Partnership, Loretto Housing and Loretto Care. Each member of the Group is a data controller of the personal information for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered as the data controller with the Information Commissioner .
We have taken steps to ensure we meet the highest standards when collecting, using and sharing personal information, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This statement tells you what to expect when we collect personal information. It applies to information we collect about you.
The information we collect
Information is collected by the member of the Group. We collect information about you from the following sources:
* Applications and other forms
* Your transactions, requests and experiences with us (this can include but is not limited to speaking with a housing officer or the customer contact centre)
* Third party organisations we work in partnership with, for example the local authority
* Our surveys and your feedback
Personal information may include but is not limited to your name, address, date of birth, email, telephone number, financial and welfare information.
If there are changes to your personal information or circumstances, it is important that you tell us so we can update your information. Just get in touch:
* Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Phone: 0800 470 7979
* Or speak to your factoring agent
How we will use your informationYour personal information will enable us to:
* Keep our records up to date and accurate
* Improve our understanding of our customers and their needs
* Administer, support, improve and develop our services to ensure our service to you is as good as it can be
* Support strategic development
* Recover any money owed to us
* Detect and prevent fraud and other criminal activity
* Investigate a complaint
* Safeguard and maintain our property
We will contact you for your views on our services and to notify you of changes or developments to our services and the use of your information. We may also use your information to let you know about other Group services and products that we or third parties offer which may be of interest to you.
We conduct research and assist others to conduct research using the information we hold.
Information may be analysed to monitor performance and improve service delivery. The information derived from this analysis may be published or shared with other organisations or individuals in an anonymised format.
We do not sell or share your information with external organisations for marketing.
How we hold your personal information
We receive information directly from you and from partner agencies which is held on an electronic and paper record. Your information will not be transferred outwith the UK. You won’t have to give us your details repeatedly, even if you become a customer of another landlord in Wheatley Group.
The information we disclose
Each member of the Group is prohibited by the Data Protection Act 1998 from disclosing personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under circumstances, such as we believe in good faith that the law requires it or when it’s necessary under the circumstances. The following describes some of the ways your information may be disclosed.
* When you provide information to the Group you may not be sharing this with one member of the Group alone. Some services are provided jointly with a partner company or agency, for example a local authority, the Scottish or UK Government, charities and specialised sector specific companies or agencies. In order for us to provide this joint service it is necessary for us to share your information with those partners.
* Information may be accessed, given to or used by staff within the Group.
* Information may be given to contractors we employ.
* We reserve the right to disclose any information you provide to us where required to do so by law, or to comply with a regulatory obligation, or to assist in any investigation into a complaint or welfare issues, or alleged illegal or criminal conduct.
How we safeguard your information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures to ensure that your personal information is treated responsibly and to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destructions and damage. We shall retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
How you can access your information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to request access to the information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We are entitled to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You are entitled to ask us to make any necessary changes to your personal information to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date.
Third party representationYou may nominate another person to act on your behalf. Your representative will be permitted access to your personal information that we hold about you. To nominate a representative, please complete a representation mandate.
Part of Wheatley Group