Key principles for improving repairs
Having listened to your feedback on our repairs service, we are proposing the following principles should be at the heart of our new improved service:
* Choice and flexibility: customers and staff in direct control of service
* Dedicated teams: with repairs staff rooted in, and accountable to, local communities
* Right first time: high performance and customer satisfaction levels
* Great communication: customers kept updated at every stage
* Efficient and joined up: skilled repairs teams, integrated with local housing services.
Here are our proposals based on what customers have told us are most important.
Greater choice and flexibility
* book online, by phone, in person
* skilled staff, and systems, to diagnose repair right first time
* repairs delivered at times which suit our customers, including evening and weekends
* tighter windows for appointments, more convenient for customers.
Dedicated teams for each area
* local repairs teams visible and accountable to customers
* skilled local repairs staff, control of repairs end to end
* repairs staff familiar with customers, communities and homes
* repairs staff who understand our customers, including elderly and vulnerable people.
Right first time repairs* local repairs staff responsible for coordinating tradespeople, ensuring good communication and a single contact point
* skilled tradespeople for small jobs
* specialist tradespeople for complex jobs.
Great communication at all stages of the repair* customers proactively updated throughout each stage of repair
* more opportunities for customers to provide feedback on the repairs service
* being able to track the progress of your repair, online or by phone.
* skilled tradespeople to reduce the need for multiple visits
* close working with local investment and planned maintenance teams.
Part of Wheatley Group