How to report repairs
We do our best to keep your home warm, safe and dry. But we know things can go wrong from time to time.
It’s your responsibility to report repairs when you are aware of them. Other residents in your block, housing staff and business advisors will also report repairs if they see a problem.
There are two types of repairs: emergency repairs and non-emergency repairs.
The quickest way to book non-emergency repairs is through a My YP account, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What to do in an emergency
Please only report an emergency when there is an immediate danger to your health and safety, or serious damage to the property.
You may be charged for the cost of a repair if it is a non-emergency.
Report the fault as soon as possible by calling us free on 0800 479 7979.
- Smell gas? Call SGN as soon as you can on 0800 479 7979. Do not turn on lights or power switches. You should also open a window. Read more advice at gas safety.
- Burst pipe? Turn your water off at the stop tap. If the emergency is due to an electrical fault, and it's safe to do so, turn off your power supply at the main fuse box or meter. Call us free on 0800 479 7979.
What repairs can you carry out for me?
- No matter how big or small the job, YourPlace’s internal repairs service can help with any repair needed inside your home.
- Our expert team can replace window glass and door fobs, fit new hot water systems, replaster entire walls, supply and fit internal doors, carry out electrical repairs and much more.
- We'll be able to give you a quote for the work needed, and if you agree, arrange an appointment for our team to come out and do the work.
- There are parts of the building which are the joint responsibility of all homeowners and these are usually referred to as the shared parts of the property.
- We can organise all required common repairs for you and your neighbours. We'll divide any bills between you and your neighbours in line with the Title Deeds.
- If a repair is going to be above the set threshold for your home, we'll work with you to obtain majority consent.