How to report repairs
We do our best to keep your home warm, safe and dry. But we know things can go wrong from time to time.
It’s your responsibility to report repairs when you are aware of them. Other residents in your block, housing staff and business advisors will also report repairs if they see a problem.
Our repairs team offers a first-class service – which aims to fix problems quickly and first time.
The quickest and easiest way to request repairs inside your home or to the communal block is by using a My YP account.
Don't have an account yet?
Sign up for My YP. It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes.
Already have an account?
Login securely to My YP to book or change your appointment.
You can call us to report repairs, we’re here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you live in Glasgow and the west, call us on 0800 479 7979. For customers in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas, please phone 0800 561 0088.
What repairs can you carry out for me?
- No matter how big or small the job, YourPlace’s internal repairs service can help with any repair needed inside your home.
- Our expert team can replace window glass and door fobs, fit new hot water systems, replaster entire walls, supply and fit internal doors, carry out electrical repairs and much more.
- We'll be able to give you a quote for the work needed, and if you agree, arrange an appointment for our team to come out and do the work.
- There are parts of the building which are the joint responsibility of all homeowners and these are usually referred to as the shared parts of the property.
- We can organise all required common repairs for you and your neighbours. We'll divide any bills between you and your neighbours in line with the Title Deeds.
- If a repair is going to be above the set threshold for your home, we'll work with you to obtain majority consent.