Contents insurance

What would you do if you lost everything in your home? Get home content insurance and make a claim.

Buying everything again would cost a fortune so contents insurance is vital if you’re going to cover yourself for unexpected events like a burglary or a fire.

As your factor we’re responsible for insuring the building you live in, but not your belongings or contents within it.

You will usually be covered for loss or damage, including furniture, electrical goods, clothing and jewellery. Different policies offer different levels of cover, but generally you’ll be covered against theft, fire and flood.

‘Accidental damage cover’ is usually optional so don’t assume it’s included in your policy.

Our cover, in partnership with Aviva and Aon, starts from as little as £1.90 a month for £8000 of standard cover. If you’re over 60, cover starts at £1.18 for £5000 of standard cover. There’s no claim excess which can be as much as £100 on other policies.

Get in touch

Make a claim

Find out more