Anti-social behaviour

Are you having problems with your neighbours and anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour includes a wide range of unacceptable behaviour that affects the quality of life for homeowners and other people living in our areas. Don't suffer in silence.

  • report it to us using online services My YP or call us on 0800 479 7979 if you live in Glasgow and the west. If you live in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas, call us on 0800 561 0088.
  • if you are experiencing noise from 5pm till 3am call Community Safety Glasgow’s Anti-social Behaviour Noise Service on 0141 287 6688. You can also register a complaint outside these hours by calling on 0800 0273 901 or emailing If you live outside of Glasgow, your local authority will provide anti-social behaviour advice.
  • If you think the dispute may be a criminal matter, you should contact Police Scotland by phone on 101 for non-emergencies or 999 for an emergency situation.
  • In all other cases, if no other solution is available, you can get legal advice from your solicitor, a citizens advice bureau or your local law centre.

Glasgow’s Mediation Service

Glasgow’s Mediation Service, run by Community Safety Glasgow, can help people in dispute sort out their differences. It is free, confidential and impartial.

The service aims to help neighbours who are having any sort of dispute to talk it through and try to resolve it.

To refer yourself to Mediation, call 0141 276 7522 between the hours of 9am and 5pm, leave a message with the Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) Helpline on 0800 027 3901 at any time or email