How to report repairs
As a result of the Coronavirus situation, we’re prioritising essential repairs. We’re very sorry, but non-essential repair appointments will be postponed.
The safety of our customers and staff is our top priority and as a result we are still only able to deliver a restricted repairs service.
However, the gradual easing of restrictions means that as well as delivering emergency repairs we can now also carry out other essential repairs where it is safe to do so.
Essential repairs – or Safety First repairs – are where any customer or a building could be at risk and include repairing heating and renewing or repairing security entry doors and controlled entry.
Speak to us, email us or use our online form.
For more information check our FAQs.
When we return to normal services then booking a repair online is easy and it gives you more control. It's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week – and saves you waiting on the phone or visiting your nearest office.
What to do in an emergency
Please only report an emergency when there is an immediate danger to your health and safety, or serious damage to the property.
You may be charged for the cost of a repair if it is a non-emergency.
Report the fault as soon as possible by calling us free on 0800 479 7979.
- Smell gas? Call SGN as soon as you can on 0800 479 7979. Do not turn on lights or power switches. You should also open a window. Read more advice at gas safety.
- Burst pipe? Turn your water off at the stop tap. If the emergency is due to an electrical fault, and it's safe to do so, turn off your power supply at the main fuse box or meter. Call us free on 0800 479 7979.
What repairs can you carry out for me?
- No matter how big or small the job, YourPlace’s internal repairs service can help with any repair needed inside your home.
- Our expert team can replace window glass and door fobs, fit new hot water systems, replaster entire walls, supply and fit internal doors, carry out electrical repairs and much more.
- We'll be able to give you a quote for the work needed, and if you agree, arrange an appointment for our team to come out and do the work.
- There are parts of the building which are the joint responsibility of all homeowners and these are usually referred to as the shared parts of the property.
- We can organise all required common repairs for you and your neighbours. We'll divide any bills between you and your neighbours in line with the Title Deeds.
- If a repair is going to be above the set threshold for your home, we'll work with you to obtain majority consent.
How can I be sure the staff are from YourPlace?
Staff will be happy to show you an identity card. If you are in doubt, keep them out and call us straight away on 0800 479 7979 if you live in Glasgow and the west. For customers in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas, please phone 0800 561 0088.